- Designing for Ambivalence: a designer’s research into the role of smartphones for mothers and young children (PhD Thesis).2019.Design Department, Goldsmiths, University of London
- A Smartphone in the Nursery. Research Through Design Conference, Delft University of Technology, 18-22 March 2019
- Smartphones and Constructions of Motherhood (position paper). Technology to Mediate Role Conflict in Motherhood, ACM CHI 2019 workshop, Glasgow http://www.techformotherhood.com/
- Designing for Ambivalence – Mothers, Transitional Objects and Smartphones. Yurman, P. ACM CHI 2017 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Denver, Colorado http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3027120
- Making Ritual Machines: The Mobile Phone as a Networked Material for Research Products. David Chatting, David S. Kirk, Abigail C. Durrant, Chris Elsden, Paulina Yurman, Jo-Anne Bichard. Proceedings of the 2017 ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Denver, Colorado
- Ritual Machines I & II: Making Technology at Home. Kirk, D., Chatting, D., Yurman, P., Bichard, J. May 2016 CHI ’16: Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- Designing for Family Phatic Communication: A Design Critique Approach. David Chatting, D., Kirk, D., Yurman,P., Bichard, J. British HCI 2015, July 13 – 17, 2015, Lincoln, United Kingdom
- Capturing the Quotidian: what Home Life looks like at a Distance. Yurman, P., Chatting, D., Bichard, J., Kirk, D. Home-work: connections, transitions and the wider world. Centre for Studies of Home, One-day conference : 24/6/2014. The Geffrye Museum of the Home, London
- Quotidian Ritual and Work-Life Balance: An Ethnography. of Not Being There. Bichard, J., Yurman, P.. Kirk, D., Chatting, D. EPIC Conference, NY, 2014
- A Smartphone in the Nursery – a display of my PhD research artefacts. Research Through Design Conference, Delft University of Technology, 18-22 March 2019
- King’s College London. Play and Anna Freud. 15th September to 31st October. Display of Critical Artefacts.
- Freud Museum, London. Play and Psychoanalysis. 19th July to 10th September, 2017. Critical Artefacts, displayed inside a Cabinet of Transitional Objects.
- Brighton Digital Festival. OUR MACHINES. Anticipation Ritual Machine. Brighton 3-18 Sept. 2016
- Royal College of Art. Family Rituals 2.0 Exhibition. 19-24 September 2015
- Science Gallery, Dublin HOME|SICK Exhibition. 3 of the Ritual Machines from the Family Rituals 2.0 Project. Dublin 1st May – 19th July 2015
- Royal College of Art. Breaking Through Exhibition. September 2014. Presenting design-led ethnographic tools developed for the Family Rituals 2.0 project.
- A Smartphone in the Nursery – presentation of my PhD research. Research Through Design Conference, Delft University of Technology, 18-22 March 2019
- V&A Digital Digital Design Drop In 11th November 2017. Presentation of Critical Artefacts and doctorate research.
- King’s College London, Anna Freud and Play Conference. 15th September 2017. Presentation of Critical Artefacts and doctorate research.
- Freud Museum, London, Play and Psychoanalysis exhibition. 9th August, 2017. Presentation and discussion of Critical Artefacts, which form part of my doctorate research project.
- CHI 2017, Doctoral Consortium. Designing for Ambivalence. Denver Colorado, May 2017
- Beyond Balance Symposium. Material desires: design and work life balance. Institution of Engineering and Technology, London, 27th June 2016
- V&A Digital Digital Design Drop In 21st November 2015. Chatting, D. & Yurman, P. presenting Ritual Machines 2 and 5 of the Family Rituals 2.0 project.
- Science Gallery, Dublin, HOME|SICK Exhibition. 1/5/2015. Chatting, D. & Yurman, P. presenting Ritual Machines 1, 2 and 4 of the Family Rituals 2.0 project.
- Presentation and design discussion HYPNOS: SLEEPING IN BETWEEN HOME AND WORK at Sto Werkstatt, London.18/6/15
- Family Rituals 2.0 research project. Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design Annual Symposium, Royal College of Art, London. September 2014
- Yurman, P. Conversation Pieces: What would your Phone Say if it Could Speak? Goldsmiths College, London 12th and 13th December 2016.
- Yurman, P. Material Desires: Design-Led Explorations of the Home/Work Divide. Goldsmiths College, London 17th February 2016.
- Bichard, J. and Yurman, P. The Ethnography of Absence: Mapping Emotions. Design Anthropological Futures. Research Network for Design Anthropology. Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen, Denmark 13-14 August 2015
- Kazakos, K., Kirk, D., Durrant, A., Chatting, D., Yurman, P., Bichard, J., Paik,J. Design Led Enquiry for Mobile Lives. CHI Workshop, Seoul, 19 April 2015.